The Seedler is a Hardmode sword that has a 14.29% chance to be dropped by Plantera. It fires out grenade-like projectiles, which explode after a period of time (0.5-1 second) or when hitting an enemy, sending out multiple, smaller and faster shards.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The Seedler was unobtainable in Expert Mode, as it couldn’t be obtainable from Plantera’s Treasure Bag until the 126.96.36.199 update.
- The player is able to turn while swinging, as you swing in the direction of the mouse.
- The Seedler could be considered as the Hardmode upgrade of the Blade of Grass, as it can be obtained from sources in the Jungle, it has a much better (by 7) swing speed, and it looks quite similar.
- The sword itself, much like the Blade of Grass, does not emit any light itself, but its projectiles do, on detonation.
- Melee effects, such as those given by the Magma Stone and Frost armor, are also applied to all projectiles but was fixed in the 188.8.131.52 update.
- Unlike the Terra Blade’s projectile, melee speed modifiers do not increase the number of seeds thrown.
- Each seed appears to fire 6 projectiles upon exploding, these projectiles do not pierce enemies. Worth noting is, the projectiles seem to prioritize going after enemies, often resulting hitting one enemy with 3+ projectiles, doing massive damage, one-shotting low health mobs. This, combined with it’s low use time makes it a very useful weapon, as the player isn’t required to aim straight at the enemy targeted.
- The large projectile arcs downwards rather quickly, however the smaller shards are unaffected by gravity
- Attacking large segmented enemies such as The Destroyer can do immense amounts of damage due to the exploding projectiles.It is also extremely effective for clearing out caves while taking next to no damage, as the seeds can be lobbed into a room, quickly clearing out mobs.The seeds also prove very useful while fighting large numbers of enemies (perhaps during Events like Solar Eclipse)Try to launch the initial projectile so that it explodes at a distance from any surface, otherwise the shards will hit the blocks, significantly reducing the weapons’ damage potential.