The Phantasm is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist
bow that auto-fires 4 arrows at once, while only consuming a single arrow from the player’s inventory. Arrows are loosely grouped and can fire with varied velocities and ranges (similar to the Chlorophyte Shotbow).
In addition, each successful hit on an enemy causes an additional barrage of magical arrow projectiles to fire and home in on the target that was hit initially, with no additional ammo or mana cost. Holding down the attack button increases the fire rate slightly. The bow also has an overall 2/3 chance of not consuming ammunition.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
- If used against the Celestial Towers during the Lunar Event, the bow can destroy a single Tower within a few seconds.
- Try not to use piercing arrows, as enemies will have a brief period of invulnerability and many arrows will pass through without causing damage.
- Using Ichor Arrows reduces the defense of enemies you hit, increasing the damage from the extra shots as well as the extra barrage, increasing damage output significantly.
- With the combined ammo reservation effects of the Vortex Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Ammo Reservation Potion, Ammo Box, and the Magic Quiver, it is possible to achieve an 89.5552% chance not to consume ammo. This is the highest possible chance as of 184.108.40.206.
- The Phantasm can still be fired while under the effects of the Stoned debuff, if the attack button was held from before the debuff was inflicted.
- Before having been fixed and nerfed within the last few patches, the Phantasm was exceptionally powerful.