The Arkhalis is an extremely rare melee weapon that appears to be a sword, but behaves unlike any other weapon. It is very rare, only obtainable from the unique background object found in an Enchanted Sword Shrine, each of which has a 33% (1 in 3) chance to contain a “true” breakable sword item rather than a discolored “false” sword. When this item is broken, it has a 10% (1 in 10) chance to drop the Arkhalis rather than an Enchanted Sword. The sword that the item gives is determined at the time the background object is broken, so there is no way to determine which sword the player will be given.
The Arkhalis autoswings, though it does not present an actual blade when used. Instead of an overhead broadsword swing or a shortsword stab, the Arkhalis appears as a series of blurred slashes aimed in the direction of the cursor. Anything within this area takes constant damage at a rate far exceeding the weapon’s stated use time. This damaging area has a rather wide spread, even attacking behind the player for a very short distance.
The Arkhalis’s unique means of attack is unaffected by any size and speed modifiers.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
- The Arkhalis puts off a large amount of white light-emitting particles for a short distance, making it useful for peeking through cave walls.
- Though its base damage is low, its high attack speed and multiple attacks per hit make it effective well into Hardmode.
- Because of its high attack speed and hitting anything around the player it can hit any projectile that can be destroyed before it reaches the player making it fairly useful against the Goblin Summoners Chaos Ball and any other mob/boss with destroyable projectiles.
- You should balance knockback on this weapon, to keep enemies inside damage zone. Consider using Ruthless Modifierfor pre-hardmode enemies, and Godly or Demonic for hardmode enemies.
- Due to the fast speed of the Arkhalis combined with the minute knockback, you can easily continuously attack enemies like the Unicorn and keep them in front of you, continuously damaging them but not allowing it to attack you.